Key Team Member: Paul Harper
Our Project Monitoring experience encompasses all types of property across the whole of the UK and overseas. The works monitored range from internal fit-outs/ refurbishments through to major new developments.
We recognise the importance of the monitoring role starting at an early stage in the project to ensure that the risks in terms of time, cost & quality are managed as effectively as possible. We can also retrospectively audit works by others and are increasingly called upon to undertake ‘health checks’ on troubled developments.
We act for Commercial Banks, Pension Funds, Institutional Investors, Corporate Occupiers, Receivers and Public Sector clients.
Our clients include HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Al Rayan Bank, Bank Leumi, Qatar National Bank, Santander Knight Frank Investment Management, Aviva Investors, AIG Asset Management, EFG Private Bank, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Hypo, Handlesbanken and Metro Bank.
Development/ Fund Monitoring
Acting for the equity investor or purchaser who is forward funding/purchasing a development, typically comprising an initial up front payment, funding during construction & a final payment upon completion
Acting for the debt provider to the developer with finance provided through a loan facility sometimes including a requirement by the developer to pay the first tranche of the construction costs from their own equity
How we add value for our Clients
- Understanding the brief – being aware of how the project is structured and how the finance is to be provided
- Technical expertise – in house RICS qualified staff with sound technical background to ensure a complete grasp of the technical aspects
- Experience – relevant to the project in question
- Collaborative approach – working closely with the development team including attendance at project meetings to maintain a full understanding of the project
- Risk review – identifying the risks at the outset and how these will be managed during the project
- Speed of reporting – We aim to turn our reports around in a timely manner, typically within 5 days of the draw-down request